ivinomiami.com

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Etude Pinot Noir and Stags' Leap Cabernet

I usually don't drink too many Pinot Noirs. As a matter of fact, I think I hadn't drank a Pinot Noir since early in the year. Last week I did taste the Etude Pinot Noir 2005 from Carneros and I must say it was delicious. Its complexity and full aroma makes it pair well with some Colorado, or New Zealand, lamb chops. It's full of spices and, tastes of bitter cherry and pepper. Not only is it very lively and eccentric, it fills your mouth and mind with the intensity of a hearty Pinot Noir. What an amazing meal!

Oh, of course I couldn't post this without giving a short, yet exciting opinion on the Stags' Leap Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 from Napa Valley.
From its deep 'well drained loamy-volcanic soils' this amazing red will have you flourishing the great Napa valley in a matter of seconds.
Its balance and complexity make it rich and alive and once it enters your palate get ready for a ride full of stagnant turns.
Lots of spiciness, deep oak and leather.
Stupendous!